Wednesday, February 6, 2013

To anyone suffering from a chronic skin condition, I have a message for you:


Have you been suffering from a chronic skin condition for what feels like a lifetime? Does the sight of your skin torture and depress you? Do you feel you can't make it one more day living with your skin problems? If you answered yes to any of these questions, I can relate. My name is Jamison and I have suffered from chronic acne for the past 5 years. I know the absolute hell of living with a chronic skin condition. But I have a message for anyone who has come to this blog: God cares about your skin problems. God cares about your acne. God cares about your psoriasis. God cares about your eczema. God cares about your dermatitis. God cares about your rosacea. And He cares about any other skin conditions you may be experiencing. You may think that God doesn't concern Himself with issues like your skin, but that is a lie the enemy is feeding you. If God knows how many hairs are on your head (Luke 12:7), don't you think he cares about something that is causing you immense sorrow and grief? God cares about everything going on in your life. Please, I can't stress this enough! God loves you more than you can possibly know, and He certainly cares about your skin! On the other hand, you may be angry with God for letting you be afflicted with whatever skin disorder you're experiencing. That is totally normal, I felt that way myself for a long time. But consider Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Skin disorders, like all illness, do not come from God, rather they come from the enemy. But that doesn't mean that God won't use a skin condition to better you or bring you closer to Him. That's what that scripture is talking about. God takes negative experiences in your life and uses them to bring about a positive change in your life, if you will let Him. Your skin condition may seem like it can't possibly "work together for good", but in later posts, I will explain to you the possible ways it can strengthen you and how it can enhance your walk with God. The Lord has very good reasons for allowing you to go through the hardships you're going through. I invite you  to ask God what His reasons are for allowing this trial into your life. Don't allow Satan's mission to destroy you via your skin condition be fulfilled! Allow God to use this trial to make you stronger in Him! I want to close this opening post with this scripture: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly" (John 10:10). This scripture is telling us that Jesus came to earth and died on the Cross for us not just to give us eternal life in heaven, but also so we may live a victorious life while we are here on earth! Start believing that God has a wonderful future in store for you! I hope you will check back here to this blog every now and then to see my future posts about the various lessons I have learned from my acne! Please contact me if you would like to talk! God Bless!

Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment